Sunday, February 18, 2007

Jazz and Usher

Yes one of my dirty little not so secret secrets.I have a thing for Usher.It's not that strange if you come to think about it.The amazing body, incredible voice and langurous moves make it a no brainer.The kinky lyrics are a plus though.Some of the songs in my play list right now:Hottest Thing, That's What It's Made 4, Follow Me, Throwback...However you will also see Ella Fitzgerald, Peggy Lee, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, Julie London, Duke Elington, Sarah Vaughan,Billie Holiday and many more.

In other news...Nietzsch has annoyed me with his chauvinistic comments so i'm laying off books for a while and focusing on chick flicks.Two refreshing days of non-intellect soliciting pieces should fix me right up.

My musical advice for you: french singers like Charles Asnavour, Salvattore Adamo who is an italian per se but has some great french songs, Edith Piaf, Patricia Kaas, Yves Montagne...amazing people, amazing lyrics and amazing language...I'm in love with Paris which I
consider to be the greateset city in the whole wide world so my fascination with french music is justified.

In the subject of falling in love.Lately I've been thinking a lot about how I fell in love with music.I mean there has to have been a particular song that tranformed a liking into somewhat of an obsession... addiction some might say. I didn't come up with much. I know when I fell in love with different bands or artists but not musi. Who knows?...Maybe it was a gradual thing not this amazing revelation.The latter sounds better but reality rarely is what we want it to be.Let us leave this weary path before we fall down the dark pit of depression.

I shall leave you now and maybe when i come back I'll have a book review . I make no promises but I'll do my best.

No comments: